General System Requirements
To fully take advantage of the activities and online content, the following is recommended:
- Pentium 500MHz or higher Processor or PowerPC-based Macintosh with 256 MB RAM, suggested is 512 MB RAM
- Minimum 15” monitor with resolution at least 800x600
- Sound card/speakers to hear audio or video clips
- Minimum 56K modem connection, but ISDN or high-speed connection is strongly suggested. The slower the connection speed, the longer it will take to load some features, such as Flash simulations or streaming video, or to download videos.
- To view streaming video, a DSL connection, cable modem or LAN connection to a TI line or higher is required.
- If you or your employer has a firewall, you will need to modify the settings to allow access to the NCAR Online courses
- Acceptable web browsers include Netscape 6.x or higher version and Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher version. Mozilla 1.5 and Safari (Mac OSX only) are acceptable browsers that can be downloaded for free. Course content may be viewable in other browsers, but they have not been tested at this time.
- Java should be downloaded and enabled on your browsers
- Cookies must be enabled on your browsers
- Macromedia Flash Player 7 or higher version
- Macromedia Shockwave Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher version to view PDF files
- Apple Quicktime 4.0 or higher